User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Trucks World News: Driving disasters - USA - Paved way for a profusion of guard duty
Google
 
Loading

Apr 15, 2006

Driving disasters - USA - Paved way for a profusion of guard duty

Columbia,MO,USA -Columbia Daily Tribune, by BILL CLARK -Apr 14, 2006: -- One of the fears attached to a person’s growing number of years is the possibility that your driver’s license renewal might require a road test, exposing all your bad driving habits. You make sure it doesn’t expire and hope the computer will not randomly pick you out as a suspect driver... When your renewal notice comes, you respond immediately. You say, "Yes ma’am" and "No ma’am" and smile for your picture. You concentrate on your eye test and breathe a huge sigh of relief when you’re good to go for another four years... In 1951, I got my first driver’s license at age 18. I walked into the license office in the county courthouse, plunked down 25 cents and was set for three years. No driver’s test, no eye exam, no photo, no driving lessons, no proof of insurance - just 25 cents... I had never driven a car when I bought that first license. But my grandparents had given me a 1929 Dodge when they upgraded to a 1950 Dodge, and I needed to have the state’s permission to drive it... (Foto: 1940 Dodge Truck)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home